Notes & Reminders for all
- Meet the Kinderfarm staff!
- Registration materials for summer and fall are now available. Interested parents need to give Kinderfarm a call to request that materials be sent to them. Registration materials and the necessary deposits should be returned as soon as possible because spaces are filling up quickly.
- The Kinderfarm graduation for children entering kindergarten this fall will be Friday, May 24 at 11:00 AM. More information will be forth coming. Kinderfarm classes will not be in session that day. A list of graduates and information about graduation will be sent home the week of May 6.
- The last day of classes are May 22 and 23. Kinderfarm will be closed May 28 - 31. Summer Session 1 begins Monday, June 3.
- Kinderfarm t-shirt order forms were sent home the week of April 29. Kinderfarm will be celebrating it's 40th class this August. A special t-shirt commemorating this historic event is available. Orders are due by May 7 in order to ensure delivery before classes end this spring.
- Summer Session 1 tuition and transportation fees are due by May 25.
- All children must bring "chore shoes or boots" to be worn during time in the barnyard. There is a plethora of things in the barnyard that we do not want tracked into the building. Be sure to label both of child's chore footwear with his/her name and put them in a plastic bag so as not to much up the backpack.
- Children should not wear jewelry to Kinderfarm. Rings, bracelets, watches, and necklaces will no longer be permitted as they are easily lost and have even been known to go down the bathroom sink. :(. In advance, thank you for your cooperation.
- Please! Please! Please! Label your child's belongings with his/her name! Our lost and found continues to grow! When items are labeled it makes it so much easier for us to get them back to their rightful owner.
- Be sure to check your child's classroom newsletters every week as they contain information pertinent to that classroom. If you would like to receive periodic reminder emails concerning Kinderfarm information pertinent to the entire school please send us your email address. Addresses can be sent by going to the "Contact" section of the website.
- Parents must come on to the playground to retrieve their child. Children are not allowed to go outside of the fence, into the driveway to greet their parents.
- If you would like to send birthday treats in honor of your child's birthday, we ask that you call at least one week ahead of time to make arrangements. Food allergies and classroom activites need to be addressed before plans to bring treats can be made. In advance, thank you for your cooperation.
- If your child is going to be absent from Kinderfarm please call Kinderfarm at 351-3438. Kinderfarm does have voicemail so feel free to call anytime day or night. DO NOT send messages concerning absences via email.
- If you will be bringing and/or picking up your child, please be sure to sign your child in/out on the clipboard in the coatroom.
- Please do not park along the split rail fence next to the playground. Those spaces are reserved for the Kinderfarm vans. Parking is also not permitted anywhere in the circle drive or next to the gas tank and dumpster. Parking is permitted on the south side of the garage behind the staff vehicles, on the gravel north of the circle drive, and on the gravel area across from the pig stall. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- Please do not send water bottles with your child. Water and cups are provided for the children to use as needed.
- Feel free to send in stale bread or cereal, stale crackers, apples, carrots, or other vegetables for the animals. The children love sharing these treats with the animals almost as much as the animals like eating them! Please note that our rabbits are not allowed to eat anything green. In other words, no lettuce, celery, cabbage, green beans, broccoli, etc. Eating green vegetables can cause severe diarrhea and even death.
- Children may be dropped off between 8:45 and 9:00. The building is locked until 8:45 so the teachers may prepare for the day. Classes dismiss at 11:30 and 3:30. A fee will be charged for late pick-ups. The fee is $5 for every five minutes past the scheduled pick up time. The building is locked again at 3:30.
- For liability reasons families are not to visit or feed any of the animals before or after Kinderfarm school hours. All time spent with the animals must be done with the supervision of a Kinderfarm staff member.
- Receipts for tuition payments are due upon request.
- Be sure to check out the 2012-2013 calendar for important dates!